Inside of our Crystal Lake clinic we offer Open MRI services specializing in:
- Forefoot & Toes
Our O-Scan MRI Machine uses the latest MRI technology that provides top-level image quality and therefore allows for decreased exam-times. It is comfortable and completely non-claustrophobic!
The easy-positioning bed allows the patient to lay comfortably as only the extremity under investigation is place into the machine. Once the images are completed our Board Certified Radiologist Dr. Linda Dew for review.
OUR RADIOLOGIST & MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Our Medical Director & Radiologist Dr. Dew started her career as an assistant professor at Rush Presbyterian St Luke’s Medical Center where she taught musculoskeletal techniques to upcoming radiologists in their fellowship program.
She has become an authority in her subspecialty of musculoskeletal radiology and is continuously working to raise the standards for patient care and radiological expertise.
PLANNING YOUR VISIT
- Our MRI Coordinator will contact you to review your medical history and schedule an appointment.
- Please wear comfortable, loose-fitting attire.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled exam.
- Bring your insurance information, signed physician order, and any referrals that may be required if you have an HMO policy.
- If your ordered exam is the result of a Workers’ Compensation or motor vehicle accident, let us know before your appointment is scheduled.
- Let us know if you have had any previous medical imaging so that we may obtain your images prior to your appointment.
- You can eat, drink, and take your medications as normal unless you have been specifically told otherwise when your appointment was confirmed by one of our team members.
- No metallic objects (watches, jewelry, keys, etc.) may be worn or carried into the exam area, however, a small locker will be available for safekeeping of your personal belongings during your exam.